Commissioners serve two-year terms. (Commissioner terms expire December 31, 2016) Elections are held in November of even-numbered years. They elect a chair and vice-chair in January.
Primary functions include:
- Develop / adopt annual County budget.
- Develop / approve County policy.
- Monitor County expenditures.
- Adopt equalization of tax assessments.
- Set pay of elected officials, appointed officials and county employees.
- Appoint members to boards and committees.
- Review / adopt grants.
- Establish new programs and terminate existing ones.
- Assist local units of government.
District 1: Kathy-Sue Dunn (R)
District 2: Carla Reynolds (D)
District 3: Jim Haadsma (D)
District 4: Steve Frisbie (R)
District 5: Derek King (R)
District 6: Blaine Van Sickle (R)
District 7: Mike Bearman (R)